SimplyRFiD Wave User Manual
Wave allows users to perform audits and inventories. Wave can take multiple inventories offline and sync, or inventory and audit in real-time. Multiple Wave handhelds can connect and share data to a Pogi server.
Wave also makes it easy to associate tag items using QT (Quick Tag). A search capability helps narrow down where an item is located.
Collects Tag information:
- Electronic Product Code (EPC)
- Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI)
- Time and Date of when it was collected
OS: iOS 13+
Support Applications: CSL Objective-C library, CS108-2 Handheld
Hardware: iPod Touch, CSL CS108 Handheld
API: HTTPS/REST, Push notifications
Battery Life: 4 hours continuous use, or better
- Press the power button for three (3) seconds to turn on the device. Notice that the Bluetooth indicator is blinking.
- Enable Bluetooth on the device.
- Open Wave app on the device. Note: Continue with the succeeding Steps only when the app is newly installed on the device.
- After Wave recognizes that the app is newly installed, it will prompt to select a handheld device to pair with.
- Select the desired handheld device from the list. This should establish a connection between Wave and the selected handheld device.
- After the connection is made, it will ask to scan the provided QR Code or 2D Barcode. This will load the configuration from the server and commit to necessary requirements to establish a connection.
This pane is located at the bottom of the Wave application. With this, you can easily navigate through the Inventory, Quick Tag, Search, and Settings page by tapping the icons.
A tool for associating RFIDs to a specific location that is already existing or new to the server. Squeeze the trigger to fill the RFID pane with tags.
The user can enable the GPS to fetch the current location of the device and add that information when submitting an inventory. This helps when locating items.
- Location - A list of locations. To create a new location, tap on the location component and click on the New Location button, a modal screen will show with an empty text field. Type-in the desired location name, then tap Confirm.
- Options - Provides additional options for the user. Pressing this will open a modal showing additional settings for the Inventory page.
- Item Count - Displays how many items were found and is on the RFID pane.
- Save - Listed tags on the RFID Pane will be sent to the server and will be associated with the selected Location.
- RFID Pane - Found Items will be listed in this pane. The user may display information or delete items by sliding an item’s row to the left.
This section shows all of the settings for the Inventory page.
- Location - Select a location to display items.
- Display - Option for filtering out Missing, Found or All inventory items in the RFID pane.
- Report - Option for sending report for Missing, Found or All inventory items
A tool for commissioning asset identifications to an RFID tag. Additional fields can be selected and added for the Asset ID through the Quick Tag Settings in the Settings page.
Note: A network connection is required to commission tags.
- Image selector - Ability to add or capture an image to associate with the tag. Drag screen down to show image selector.
- Mode selector - Switches mode between Asset and Marker. In Asset mode, the additional fields enabled through the Quick Tag Settings in the Settings page will be shown on the list.
- Location - Displays the locations that can be associated with a new tag.
- RFID field - Editable text field for manual input. This field is exclusive only to hexadecimal characters with a maximum of 24 characters in length. Users can select this field and point the RFID scanner to the tag, to input the rfid value.
- ID field - Editable text field for inputting desired asset identification. Users can select this field and point the barcode scanner to an asset code, to input the asset value to the field.
- Save - It will send a request to the server to associate the Asset ID with the desired RFID, location and the additional entries. In Marker mode, the Asset ID, RFID and location will be associated as a location marker.
A utility that is used to track the location of RFID tags by reading the RSSI values of found tags. Searching tags can be filtered by using the search field and will display the result real time in the RFID pane.
- Search Bar - Real time search functionality for narrowing down the search result to entries with the inputted characters.
- Strength Indicator - The selected entry’s RSSI is displayed in this component.
- Found Indicator - Counts the total tags found.
- RFID Pane - Found RFID tags will be listed in this pane. Found tags also show their current RSSI. The user may view information or delete items by sliding an item’s row to the left. Entry row can be selected to focus the RSSI strength on the strength indicator component.
Contains configurations and firmware information of the application and connected handheld.
This section displays all of the settings and information about the handheld device paired with the Wave application.
- Wave - Displays the current application version.
- Handheld - Displays the selection of handheld devices that can be paired and used with the application.
- Battery Level - Displays the current handheld battery level.
- Power - Ability to select appropriate RFID power level.
- Mode - Switches scan mode between RFID or Barcode.
- BT Firmware - Displays the Bluetooth firmware version of the handheld.
- RFID Firmware - Displays the RFID firmware version of the handheld.
- IC Firmware - Displays the handheld firmware version.
- Serial - Displays the serial number of the handheld device.
- Board Version - Displays the board version of the handheld device.
This section displays all of the configuration and information of the connected server.
- Config - Displays the current server configuration of the app from the scanned QR Code, tapping this will open the server Setup page.
- Tag Prefix - Displays the set filter for scanning tags.
- Protocol - Displays the web protocol of the server (HTTP or HTTPS).
- Address - Displays the connected server address.
- Version - Displays the connected server version.
The Setup page grabs the configuration needed to run the application and access APIs to the server by asking the user to scan the provided QR Code or 2D Barcode using a CS108-2 handheld reader. This page is also displayed when it is newly installed.
This section displays all of the Wave Application settings.
- Inventory - Select fields required for creating a new quick tag.
- Quick Tag - Opens the Quick Tag Settings for the Quick Tag page.
- Search - Search page settings.
- Navigation - Opens the navigation App selection setting.
- Marker Tag List - Marker Tags settings.
- Battery Saver - Ability to switch Battery Saver mode.
The Quick Tag Settings displays all of the options for the Quick Tag page. In this page the RF Power level when scanning for the RFID tag can be changed through the RF Power setting. All of the optional entry fields that can be associated with an Asset Tag can also be switched in here.
This section provides the User Guide for the Wave application